Lend me your attention. I hate myths, I love facts. When writing this post, I may refer to medical students only. At the back of your mind, I mean anyone doing a medical related course.
Many a time people have had myths about medical students. Myths that must be scrapped off. They must be buried and forgotten. But wait, why? Because a medical student is the same as any other student.
- Medical students are geniuses. Brother, you got it wrong. I find mathematics and physics courses demanding for more space in the grey matter than medicine.
- Medical students come from well off families. Its only fate that landed them there. Not riches.
- Medical students are perpetual smokers and drinkers. To some extent, yes. But every Tom, Dick and Harry is liable to abusing drugs.
- Boys doing medicine love girls and sex. Hey girl, shut up and accept the meme you say that all men are the same.
- Girls doing medicine love money. This one calls for a debate.
- A medical student is always busy reading. Absolutely wrong. The good thing about medicine is concept. What will keep you reading is whatever you are not interested in.
- A medical student never gets below 80% in exams. Did you know that marks are not plucked on trees? Wait till you see staggering grades of your medic friend.
- Medical students stay in school forever. Ladies give birth even before completing school, and start families. Don’t be cheated.
- Medical students are introverts. Maybe the friends you have are introverts. I love my classmates because they are outgoing. You will never miss them in parties.
- Medical students observe a healthy lifestyle. Actually, the patients do well than physicians when it comes to healthy diet and behaviors.